The CBD Titration Paradigm
The CBD dosages below are only rough guides, and the recommended method is for you to start small and see how your symptoms persist before ingesting larger and larger amounts. Begin with low dosages and make gradual increases in intake as requirement for a desired effect or treatment outcome.
This is called the CBD Titration Paradigm: Think T.E.S.L.I.
- Take note of your symptoms on a 1-10 scale
- Enjoy your Herby wellness edible, pill, or gummy
- Start your dosing Small (5mg-10mg of CBD)
- Let some time elapse (30-90 minutes)
- Cannabinoids taken in edible formats have actions that are spread over a much longer period of time than when they are smoked or vaporized
- Increase your dosing if your symptoms persist (by 10mg-20mg of CBD) It is important to stress that commencing with a low dosage of all CBD products is a product approach for the initial introduction of CBD wellness therapy. This circumstance is particularly important when using larger dosages of CBD edibles. Seeking the effective dosage of CBD is best undertaken as a cooperative project
between the patient and physician or other knowledgeable healthcare practitioners.
“Recommended” CBD Doses
The dosages below cannot–we repeat–cannot be interpreted as “safe” or “accepted” dosages for disease treatment. Users of CBD should consult a health care practitioner for more detailed discussions. Applications for disease should be monitored by a healthcare professional.
The following conditions and average, approximate dosages of CBD are as follows:
- Anxiety (2 mg of CBD every 8-12 hours). Higher dosage may be required often for severe cases.
- Sleeplessness (40-160 mg of CBD, sublingually ideally). Favorable results with lower dosages have been experiences depending on the type of sleep disorder.
- Schizophrenia (40-1280 mg of CBD for four weeks, sublingually ideally). Dosage requirement is highly variable.
- Neuropathic pain (Initial dosage of 2 mg of CBD a.m., 2 mg of CBD p.m.,with increase to 20 mg of CBD per 24-hour period.) May need THC Added.
- Musculoskeletal pain (Dosing variable and often individualized up to 15 mg of CBD per 24-hour period.) Relief may be present with or without the addition of THC.
WHAT IS THE OPTIMAL DOSAGE OF CBD?
An effective dosage can range from as little as a few milligrams of CBD-enriched cannabis oil to a gram or more. Begin with a small dose of high CBD, especially if you have little or no experience with CBDs. Take a few small doses over the course of the day rather than one big dose. Use the same dose and ratio for several days. Observe the effects and if necessary adjust the ratio or amount. Don’t overdo it. Cannabis compounds have biphasic properties, which means that low and high doses of the same substance can produce opposite effects. Small doses of cannabis tend to stimulate; large doses sedate. CBD has no known adverse side effects, but an excessive amount of CBD could be less effective therapeutically than a moderate dose. “Less is more” is often the case with respect to cannabis therapy.